- Responsibility for portfolio of clients (individuals, trust companies and cc’s)
- Compilation Engagements in terms of ISRS 4410 Independent Review Engagements in terms of ISRE 2400 Accounting Officer.
- Engagements in terms of the Close Corporations Act Ensuring that proper planning is performed before execution.
- Ensuring SNG Grant Thornton SOPs are always followed.
- Reviewing junior staff working papers for sections allocated to them.
- Reviewing independent review files performed by junior staff.
- Proposing journals to clients.
- Communicating with clients, making engagement arrangements, and discussing engagement results.
- Accounting duties
- Preparation, processing, and maintenance of accounting records for numerous individual companies, cc, and trusts from source documents
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of review/compilation files and finalization of accounts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Reconciliation of intercompany loan accounts.
- Preparation of interest schedules on loan accounts.
- Processing monthly general journals, monthly reconciliation of expenses Drafting AFS per IFRS and IFRS for SMEs.
- Drafting financial statements in terms of relevant accounting disclosure requirements using CaseWare.
- Performing tax computations for companies, close corporations, and trusts (including SBC’s, special allowances (s12C, S12E, etc.).
- Preparation and submission of statutory returns Managing WIP and budgets on engagements.
- Updating manager and director on the progress of engagements.
- Mentoring junior staff both on the job and generally Ad-hoc processing on Pastel Director, Xero or directly in CaseWare.
- Assist other staff members where needed attending to any other matters arising, such as tax queries, etc.
- Outsourced projects when needed & other duties as may be required in line with the position.
- BCom Financial Accounting and Tax as majors.
- SAIPA or SAICA articles
- For reporting purposes and ad-hoc processing, familiarity with commonly used accounting software is preferred) (Pastel Director Xero, Caseware, Greatsoft)
- Detailed knowledge of Caseware working papers.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Work in a team and independently.
- Good communication skills, internal and external, both written and verbal.
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans due to client profile