Fidelity Services Group
Manager / Investigator – Helderkruin CSA
A position for an Investigator exists at the Helderkruin Corporate Office, reporting to the Head of Investigations. The Investigator will be responsible for independently conducting investigations, Manage / Guide investigators within the group.
Experience, Requirements and Qualifications:
- A formal relevant qualification would be advantageous.
- At least eight years’ experience within SAPS or other law enforcement agencies
- Minimum of five years investigating experience, especially in respect of serious and violent crimes.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Own reliable transport with a valid driver’s license.
- Own Cellular phone essential
- Computer literate
- Willingness and readiness to travel when required.
- Valid passport.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and the internet.
- No criminal record or any pending cases.
- Has a good command of the English language.
- Understanding of the FSG environment would be advantageous.
- Experience and Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
Job Description: (not totally Inclusive)
- Interviewing employees and other witnesses relevant to each case under investigation.
- Gather all relevant evidence in a legal manner.
- Testify in criminal and disciplinary hearings.
- Liaison with other role players such as SAPS, Public Prosecutors, Legal representatives, FSG personnel on all levels, FSG clients, etc.
- Responsible for record keeping of all evidence and investigation administration in case dockets.
- Responsible for ensuring investigation reports are accurate and supported by evidence.
- Recruitment and handling of informers.
- Ensuring that investigations are completed within deadlines.
- Responsible for the integrity of reporting.
- Ensure all information is filed, updated and readily available as required.
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Ensure assistance and procedure are in place to monitor progress and feedback to Management regarding investigations.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation.
- Presentation and communication skills.
- Business writing and reporting.
- Adaptability to different and difficult environments.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Persuading and influencing.
- Business acumen.
- Deadline driven.
- Building Relationships.
- Showing Resilience.
- Observation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is always given to existing employees and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.