IIE MSA and IIE Varsity College
Direct Reporting Line:
Programme Manager: School of Information Technology
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE’s Varsity College, Durban North Campus has a vacancy for a Full Time Lecturer : School of Information Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lecture on programmes (must lecture on an IIE qualification) across various modes of delivery where relevant.
- Marking of assessments and feedback to students in subjects lectured. May be required to internally moderate assessments scripts that fall within their subject fields, where necessary across IIE sites of delivery.
Lecturer Development and Support
- Assist in lecturer development and support processes and procedures. This may include conducting peer reviews, facilitating workshops and one-on-one consultations.
Student Development & Support
- Championing/leading and managing academic development and support for a specific programme and its students.
- Tracking student success and implementing support interventions where required.
Research & Scholarship
- The incumbent is required to promote a culture of scholarship within their practice, discipline and campus/team and is also required to contribute towards IIE MSA achieving its annual research output targets.
- Superior communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work and self proactively.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of effective teaching in subject area based on a reflective practice.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage relationships with managers and staff effectively in terms of motivation, quality and performance.
- Passion for Customer Service.
- Experience in the use of technology to enhance learning is an added advantage.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Honours’s degree in Information Systems/ Computer Science, studying towards a Master’s degree will be advantageous
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Lecturing experience in programming
- Work experience as a software developer/ application developer/ programmer
Preference may be given to EE candidates